Your health is covered at every stage
Reconstructive, Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery is a surgical specialty that deals with correcting any congenital process, acquired, tumorous or simply involutional that may require repair or replacement or affect the shape and/or function of the body. Its techniques are based on transplanting and mobilizing tissues via grafts and flaps or even implants of inert material.
Reconstructive Plastic Surgery aims to restore or improve the function or physical appearance of injuries caused by accidents and burns, diseases or tumors on the skin or supporting tissues and congenital abnormalities, mainly of the face, hands and genitals.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, meanwhile, is used to treat patients who are generally in good health and it's objective is to correct deviations from aesthetic standards with the aim of making the face and body look more harmonious or reducing the visible signs of aging. This has impacts emotional stability, thus improving quality of life through professional and personal relationships.
Both Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery are included in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. Aesthetic Surgery-- which does not exist as such in our country-- is performed in order to improve normal body structures with the intention of increasing the patient's attractiveness and self-esteem, and it is not included in the catalogue of services offered by Social Security.
Reconstructive Surgery is performed on the abnormal body structures, caused by congenital, developmental or growth problems, traumatisms, infections, tumors or disease. It is performed, above all, in order to improve function, although it may also be performed to improve physical appearance. Reconstructive Surgery is included in the catalogue of services offered by Social Security.
The Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery Unit at Hospitales San Roque uses state-of-the-art techniques to provide:
- Facial aesthetic surgery (eyelids, nose, ears, face-lifts).
- Breast surgery (augmentation with anatomical prosthesis, reduction, breast-lift, gynecomastia asymmetries and malformations).
- Body surgery (abdominoplasty, liposuction, lifting).
- Contour surgery after major weight loss.
Meanwhile, we also use non-surgical facial remodeling techniques to:
- Fill in wrinkles-lines.
- Treat forehead wrinkles and crow's feet (using botulinum Toxin) and perform peelings.
- Provide anti-aging and preventive facial treatments.
- Treat all sorts of skin and soft-tissue tumors.
- Perform reconstruction after accidents.
- Perform breast reconstruction.
Visit the IKIGAI website.