Your health is covered at every stage
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Maxillofacial Surgery is a medical-surgical specialty that deals with prevention, study, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of pathologies of the mouth, face and craniofacial area and directly or indirectly related cervical organs and structures. Its scope of action is based on an integrated conception of this area as an interrelated organic whole.
As per European guidelines, the area covered by this specialty basically includes the following fields:
- Treating pain and anxiety.
- Dentoalveolar surgery and periodontics.
- Treating infections of the bones and soft tissues in the head and neck.
- Cranio-maxillofacial trauma (bones and soft tissue), both acute and sequelae.
- Oral Pathology- Oral Medicine.
- Preprosthetic and implant surgery.
- Surgical and non-surgical treatment of temporo-mandibular joint disorders.
- Oncological head and neck surgery, including surgery of the cervical vertebrae.
- Treatment of benign and malign tumors of the salivary glands.
- Reconstructive head and neck surgery, including dissection of bone and soft tissue flaps.
- Microsurgical techniques.
- Orthognathic-orthopaedic facial surgery.
- Cervico-facial Reconstructive, Aesthetic and Plastic surgery.
- Treatment of congenital facial malformations that also include lip-palate fissures.
- Craneofacial surgery.
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Unit at Hospitales Universitarios San Roque in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria offers the best available medical care using the latest technology to treat complex oral and facial problems in the following Surgical fields:
- Facial Traumatology.
- Head and neck tumors.
- Congenital malformations.
- Oral surgery.
- Advanced implantology.