Your health is covered at every stage
The Haemodynamic Unit assess the state of coronary arteries, as well as the functioning of the heart and its valves. This allows us to make an accurate diagnosis and, therefore, to choose the most appropriate treatment for each patient. With the incorporation of Dr. Pedro Martín to this Unit of Hospitales Universitarios San Roque, and with the collaboration of the rest of the team of cardiologists of this hospital, our unit has been able to optimise different strategies regarding the approach of coronary artery disease (stent implantation) as well as the implementation of new percutaneous techniques applied to the treatment of structural heart disease, such as the closure of the patent foramen ovale, the implantation of percutaneous aortic valves or the closure of the left atrial appendage.
In addition, Dr Dámaso Valerón has also recently joined our Haemodynamic Unit, thus allowing us to offer more immediate treatment for patients suffering from ischaemic heart disease.
In addition, patients with arrhythmias (bradycardias or tachycardias) are treated in the haemodynamics ward of the Hospitales Universitarios San Roque, where they undergo ablation procedures and receive pacemaker or defibrillator implants.
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- Coronary angiography together with an angiographic and haemodynamic assessment of left chambers.
- Haemodynamic assessment of the right chambers.
- Coronary Therapeutic Cardiac Catheterisation
- Implantation of state-of-the-art drug-eluting stents.
- Dilatation using drug-eluting balloons, cutting balloons and high-pressure balloons.
- Intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation.
- Treatment of calcified lesions with rotational atherectomy (Rotablator).
- Treatment of chronic total occlusions with antegrade and retrograde techniques.
- Treatment of lesions in the left coronary trunk and with multivessel involvement.
- Treatment of bifurcation lesions with complex techniques.
- Catheter Based Treatment of Structural Heart Disease
- Percutaneous aortic valve implantation (TAVI).
- Percutaneous closure of patent foramen ovale (PFO).
- Percutaneous closure of atrial septal defect (ASD).
- Percutaneous left atrial appendage closure.
- Percutaneous mitral repair (MitraClip).
- Pericardiocentesis and percutaneous balloon pericardiotomy.
- Implantation of single and dual chamber pacemakers / Implantable Defibrillators (ICD) / Cardiac Resynchronisation Devices / Subcutaneous Holter (Reveal).